WML Academic Symposium Presentation Guidelines
The symposium will take place on Monday, March 23, 2015. Student presenters are encouraged to dress professionally.
- Posters should be delivered to the Research Assistance Desk (1st floor Wiggins Library) by 3:00 pm on Friday, March 20th.
- Posters must adhere to a 36in x 48in presentation board. Please set poster dimensions accordingly when printing. Boards will be provided.
- Posters look best when oriented horizontally.
- For assistance designing your poster, visit the following website with free PowerPoint templates: https://www.posterpresentations.com/html/free_poster_templates.html
- The library will provide free poster printing for all interested symposium participants.
- If printing in the library, submit the final draft of your poster to the CMMC librarian via the following link by Friday morning, March 20th: https://library.campbell.edu/services/poster-printing
- Presenters should plan to stand by their posters and answer questions between 4:00pm and 5:30pm on the day of the symposium.
- Be prepared to give a 2-minute summary of your research to your audience.
- Tips for delivering poster/oral presentations: https://www.tos.org/pdfs/sci_speaking.pdf
- You are encouraged to reserve a study room and rehearse prior to the symposium.
- Oral presentations will take place in a classroom setting with the presenter(s) at the front of the room.
- A computer and projector will be available.
- Each student or group will be granted 20 minutes to present: 15 minutes to speak and 5 minutes for questions.
- The schedule needs to be enforced because there are many presenters before and after you. Please be sure to practice your timing.
- A moderator will be in your room to track your time and give you a 3-minute warning.
- Limit your presentation to what you know you can cover in 15 minutes, so that you don't have to speak too fast or skip anything.
- Bring your presentation (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) on a USB drive.
- Keep a copy of your presentation in your email as a backup.
- Performances will take place in Butler Chapel. Contact Sarah Steele, Head of Research and Instruction Services, to share instrument and setup needs.
- Performances may last up to 15 minutes with 5 additional minutes allotted for questions.