Curriculum Materials/Media Center
MissionThe mission of the Curriculum Materials/Media Center is to support the curriculum of Campbell University’s School of Education by providing resources and services for educators at all levels to meet professional, state, and institutional standards while meeting the instructional technology needs of the university.
- Develop and maintain a birth through 12th grade print collection that includes ALA award-winning children’s literature and nonfiction and informational texts that support the Common Core State Standards.
- House standardized psychological testing instruments for the School of Education.
- Offer research assistance and academic enrichment activities for students and faculty/staff.
- Maintain a diverse collection of classroom manipulatives, media, and educational technology as well as provide support on how to use those resources.
- Provide cooperative learning study spaces and adequate learning spaces for technology exploration.
The Curriculum Materials/Media Center, located on the third floor of Wiggins Memorial Library, includes a juvenile print collection, manipulatives collection (displays, posters, models, puppets, games, etc.), reference collection, periodicals collection, a Standardized Testing Bank, group study area/classroom space, quiet study soft-seating, audiovisual collection, audiovisual viewing room, Computer Lab, and an Idea lab/Makerspace.
The Idea Lab/Makerspace contains the following equipment: an Ellison Die-Cut Center with more than 100 patterns, a laminator, a button machine, wood-burning pens, a sewing machine, a comb binder, a paper cutter, 2 large format printers, three 3D printers, four iMac computers and an HP Sprout computer/3D scanner. The Idea Lab is open for use by all students, faculty, and staff of Campbell University.
ALA Youth Media Awards 2019The 2019 Youth Media Award announcements will take place on Monday, January 28, 2019, 8:00am (PT) at the Washington State Convention Center. Fans can follow 2019 results in real-time via live webcast [ http://ala.unikron.com/ ], sponsored by Baker and Taylor, a Follett Company, or follow hashtag #alayma.
CMMC Children's Literature Guide
Click on each link for more information.
- Caldecott Honor Books
- Caldecott Medal Winners
- Carnegie Medal Award Winners
- Corretta Scott King Award Winners
- Kate Greenaway Medal Award Winners
- Newbery Honor Books
- Newbery Medal Winners
- Pura Belpré Award Winners
- Schneider Family Book Award Winners
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction Winners
- Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Winners
List of Manipulatives available in the CMMC:Manipulatives by Subject
TECHNOLOGY ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR CHECK-OUT:
View technology items available for check-out and their availability.
Ms. LaKeshia Darden
Curriculum Materials/Media Librarian
Wiggins Memorial Library
113 Main Street
P.O. Box 309
Buies Creek, NC 27506