WML Academic Symposium Presentation Guidelines
The symposium will take place on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. Please refer to the 2014 Symposium Schedule for detailed scheduling information. Student presenters should dress professionally for their presentations.
- Posters should be delivered to the Research Assistance Desk (1st floor Wiggins Library) by 3:00 pm on Monday, March 24th.
- Posters must adhere to a 36in x 48in (H x W) presentation board (boards will be provided). Please set poster dimensions accordingly when printing.
- Posters look best oriented horizontally.
- Website exemplifying best practices: Creating Effective Poster Presentations
- Presenters should plan to stand by their posters and answer questions at their assigned time on the day of the symposium.
- Be prepared to give a 2 minute summary of your research to your audience.
- Each student or group will be granted 20 minutes to present (15 minutes to speak and 5 minutes for questions).
- The schedule will be enforced. Please be sure to practice your timing.
- A moderator will be in your room to track your time and give you a 3 minute warning.
- Refrain from talking too fast.
- Oral presentations will take place in a classroom setting with the presenter at the front of the room.
- A computer and projector will be available.
- Bring your presentation on a USB drive.
- Keep a copy of your presentation in your email as a backup.
- Performances will take place in Butler Chapel. Contact Sarah Steele, Head of Research and Instruction Services, to share any special needs.
- Performances may last up to 15 minutes with 5 additional minutes allotted for questions.
- Exhibits (works of art) should be delivered to the Research Assistance Desk (1st floor Wiggins Library) by 3:00 pm on Monday, March 24th.
- Exhibits will be displayed in the library lobby.
- Artists should be present for questions and comments at their assigned time.