Library Ready and FAQ
Wiggins Library building access is currently open to Campbell University students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Face Coverings
- Library Hours
- Overnight Study Area
- Circulation Services
- Research Assistance Services
- Communicating Changes
Face masks must be worn in all areas of Wiggins Library, including stairwells and elevators. If you have a medical exemption to this rule, please be prepared to show your exclusion card to library staff if asked.
Regular Library Hours - Fall 2021
|Monday - Thursday||7:30am - 12:00am|
|Friday||7:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00 - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||2:00pm - 12:00am|
Check the Library Hours page for detailed information on hours.
The second floor of Wiggins Library is open to students with a valid Campbell ID card after the main library is closed. Students can swipe their Campbell ID card to open the door to the left of the library entrance in order to gain access to the overnight study area on the second floor. Only the second floor is accessible for overnight study; no other area of the library, or library services, are available overnight. The overnight study area is monitored by a security guard.
Check the Overnight Study Area page for detailed information on overnight hours.
The Wiggins Library Circulation Desk is open for check-in and check-out.
Book Request/Hold ServicesStudents can request library material for pick-up at the Circulation Desk, to scan chapter/section to email, or for us to ship to your home. For assistance, patrons can contact the Circulation Desk at (910-893-1462).
To request material from Wiggins Library:
- Search for the library item using OneSearch.
- If the item is available in the library, you will find the "Request Options from Wiggins Library" link under the "LOCATION ITEMS" section of the item information page. Click on the link and fill out the form.
- If the item is not available in the library, you will find the Interlibrary Loan or Request link under the "How to get it" section after you login using your Blackboard username & password by clicking “Sign In” link.
Students can come in-person to the Research Assistance Desk for help searching for information, identifying scholarly sources, creating proper citations, and more. A librarian is on duty to help you with your research. In addition, librarians monitor a Virtual Reference Room to provide drop-in research assistance online.
Research Assistance Hours*
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 10:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||2:00pm - 10:00pm|
*Holiday hours may vary.
The Ask a Librarian button on our webpages leads to a listing of additional ways to connect a librarian: chat (available 24/7), phone, email, and research consultations by appointment (in-person or virtual).
- What are the library hours?
- Library hours are posted on the front doors and are available at the Library Hours webpage
- Are masks required in the library?
- Masks are required in the library.
- May I reserve a study room?
- Study rooms are currently open for reservation. For more details, refer to the Group Study Room Policy.
- Can I check out books?
- Yes. Our Circulation Desk will be open; see Circulation Services section above.
- Can I meet with a librarian for research assistance?
- Yes. Librarians are available for drop-in virtual research consultations at the Wiggins Library 1st floor Research Assistance desk. Check out the Research Assistance hours. You may also schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with a librarian of your choice. Visit Ask a Librarian webpage for phone, email or chat options.
Whenever possible, relevant changes to library hours and services will be communicated on the library website, phone message and door posting. When staff is available to maintain social media, the library’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds will reflect changes.