Library Ready and FAQ
Wiggins Memorial Library is ready to welcome our community back for Spring 2021. There are some changes in the library to provide a safe environment for our community. This spring, Wiggins Library building access is limited to Campbell University students, faculty, and staff. Friends of the Library and Guest members may request library materials for Curbside Delivery. You can find the information on this page.
- Social Distancing and Face Coverings
- Library Hours
- Library Capacity
- Overnight Study Area
- Circulation Services
- Research Assistance Services
- Special Library Locations
- Communicating Changes
Face masks must be worn in all areas of Wiggins Library, including stairwells and elevators, unless you are alone in a study room. If you have a medical exception to this rule, please be prepared to show your exclusion card to library staff if asked. Library stacks are closed to patrons not wearing a mask, but staff will gladly retrieve books for you.
Social Distancing shall be maintained throughout our facilities. Please refer to the university's Community Expectations & Policies for more information.
Library Hours between January 13, 2021 and January 29, 2021
|Monday - Thursday||7:30am - 10:00am|
|Friday||7:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00 - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||2:00pm - 10:00am|
Regular Library Hours - Spring 2021 Semester
|Monday - Thursday||7:30am - Midnight|
|Friday||7:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00 - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||2:00pm - Midnight|
Check the Library Hours page for the latest open hours.
Capacity in library spaces will follow Campbell Facilities guidance and will be adjusted according to North Carolina opening phases.
- During any Phase 1 period, the library will close its book stacks, study rooms and CMMC, including the Computer Lab, to reduce cleaning spaces, protect students, and prevent book contamination. (Checkouts will be through “Curbside” Delivery; see Book Request/Hold Services below.)
- During any Phase 2 and 3 periods, all spaces, including study rooms, are at reduced capacity.
The second floor of Wiggins Library is open to students with a valid Campbell ID card after the main library is closed. Students can swipe their Campbell ID card to open the door to the left of the library entrance in order to gain access to the overnight study area on the second floor. Only the second floor is accessible for overnight study; no other area of the library, or library services, are available overnight. The overnight study area is monitored by a security guard.
The overnight study area will close at 3:00am so that the Housekeeping staff can clean. It will reopen at 7:30am.
Check the Overnight Study Area page for the latest open hours.
Book Request/Hold Services/Curbside DeliveryStudents can request library material for curbside delivery at the library, for pick-up at the Circulation Desk, to scan chapter/section to email, or for us to ship to your home. For assistance, patrons can contact the Circulation Desk at (910-893-1462).
To request material from Wiggins Library:
- Search for the library item using OneSearch.
- If the item is available in the library, you will find the "Request Options from Wiggins Library" link under the "LOCATION ITEMS" section of the item information page. Click on the link and fill out the form.
- If the item is not available in the library, you will find the Interlibrary Loan or Request link under the "How to get it" section after you login using your Blackboard username & password by clicking “Sign In” link.
Please place returns on book carts located by the Circulation Desk. These materials will be bagged and quarantined for three days. After three days the materials will be checked in before reshelving. Overdue fines will not be charged at this time.
North Carolina Phase 1 additional limitations
To protect library materials and to ensure access, the library will close access to library stacks during phase 1 restrictions. Study rooms will also close during these restrictions. Curbside assistance and hold services will remain available.
Librarians are holding virtual meetings with students at our Research Assistance Desk. Take a seat and speak into the microphone. A librarian is on duty to help you with your research.
Research Assistance Hours - Spring 2021 Semester
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 10:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sunday||2:00pm - 10:00pm|
The Ask a Librarian button on our webpages leads to a listing of additional ways to connect a librarian: chat (available 24/7), phone, email, and research consultations by appointment (in-person or virtual).
|Computer Lab, Room 312||will operate at 50% capacity and will be shut down twice a day for cleaning|
|Manipulatives||by appointment or request only|
|Maker Lab||by appointment or request only|
- What are the library hours?
- Library hours are posted on the front doors and are available at the Library Hours webpage
- Are masks required in the library?
- Yes. Please refer to the section about Social Distancing and Face Coverings.
- May I reserve a study room?
- Room capacities are limited. For more details, refer to the Group Study Room Policy.
- Can I check out books?
- Yes. Our Circulation Desk will be open; see Circulation Services section above.
- Can I meet with a librarian for research assistance?
- Yes. Librarians are available for drop-in virtual research consultations at the Wiggins Library 1st floor Research Assistance desk. Check out the Research Assistance hours. You may also schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with a librarian of your choice. Visit Ask a Librarian webpage for phone, email or chat options.
Whenever possible, relevant changes to library hours and services will be communicated on the library website, phone message and door posting. When staff is available to maintain social media, the library’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds will reflect changes.