WML Academic Symposium Presentation Guidelines
The Symposium will take place on Tuesday, March 22, 2016. Student presenters are encouraged to dress professionally.
- Posters may be mounted between 6:00pm Monday, March 21st and 3:00pm Tuesday, March 22nd.
- Presenters should plan to stand by their posters and answer questions between 4:00pm and 5:30pm on the day of the Symposium. Be prepared to give a 3- to 5-minute summary of your research to your audience.
- Posters must adhere to a 36in x 48in presentation board. Please set poster dimensions accordingly when printing. Boards will be provided.
- For tips on designing your poster, attend the Designing an Effective Research Poster workshop.
- The library will provide one free poster printing for interested Symposium participants. Reprints will cost $8.
- If printing in the Library, submit the final draft of your poster to the CMMC librarian via the following link by Wednesday, March 16th: https://library.campbell.edu/services/poster-printing
- You are encouraged to reserve a study room and rehearse prior to the Symposium.
- Oral presentations will take place in a classroom setting with the presenter(s) at the front of the room.
- A computer and projector will be available.
- Each student or group will be granted 20 minutes to present: 15 minutes to speak and 5 minutes for questions.
- The schedule needs to be enforced because there are many presenters before and after you. Please be sure to practice your timing.
- A moderator will be in your room to track your time and give you a 3-minute warning.
- Limit your presentation to what you know you can cover in 15 minutes, so that you don't have to speak too fast or skip anything.
- Bring your presentation (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) on a USB drive.
- Keep a copy of your presentation in your email as a backup.
- Artwork and exhibits may be dropped off between 6:00pm Monday, March 21st and 3:00pm Tuesday, March 22nd.
- Performances will take place in Butler Chapel. Contact Sarah Steele, Head of Research and Instruction Services, to request instrument and setup needs.
- Performances may last up to 15 minutes with 5 additional minutes allotted for questions.